The Cisco SPA-1XOC3-ATM-V2 is a single-port OC-3c/STM-1c ATM shared port adapter (SPA) module designed for use with Cisco routers. It provides high-speed connectivity for ATM networks, allowing for the transmission of data, voice, and video traffic over ATM links. The SPA-1XOC3-ATM-V2 supports various ATM features such as ATM Adaptation Layer 5 (AAL5), ATM Quality of Service (QoS), and ATM traffic shaping. It is typically used in enterprise and service provider networks to connect to ATM-based WAN services or to interconnect with other ATM devices.
- IPv4, IPv6, and MPLS hardware-assisted forwarding
- Enhanced security features such as extended access control lists (ACLs), Unicast Return Path Forwarding (URPF), Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) rate limiting, and others
- Extensive QoS implementation based on either "classical" QoS (three type-of-service [ToS] bits), Differentiated Services (DiffServ [six DiffServe code point (DSCP) bits]), or MPLS (3 bits EXP)
- Enhanced NetFlow, statistics, and billing data to allow service providers to generate different billing profiles for their customers
- MPLS-VPN support that allows for Layer 3 VPN deployments and various related applications
- Any Transport over MPLS (AtoM) or pseudowire edge-to-edge emulation 3 (PWE3) support for transport solutions